Author Topic: Pagebull - Search engine with visualization  (Read 6160 times)

SensoVision

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • I'm proud user of Debian GNU/Linux OS
    • I'm proud user of Debian GNU/Linux OS
Pagebull - Search engine with visualization
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:26:20 AM »
Maybe it's not new but I've just discovered for myself interesting meta search engine http://www.pagebull.com/ it's use results from some major search engines(I assume it's Yahoo as results look similar) but unlike other search engines it's display screenshots of the site instead it provide some other nice features which make browsing more comfortable.
Check it out yourself to see.

The only drawback is that this search engine may be a bit slow on dial-up connections.
Denis

donecweb

Re: Pagebull - Search engine with visualization
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:13:42 AM »
I have never seen that site before and I'm not sure if I will use it much but I will say this I like the results it posted for no cost websites. It shows my site as 1 - 12 of 48,500,000. I also like that I don't see any sponsored posting at the beginning.

I was just looking at Pagebull again and discovered that the bottom left corners of each result has a "?" and a "magnifying glass". The "?" shows information on the site of interest. The "magnifying glass" shows an enlarged image of the page shown.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:26:28 AM by donecweb »

Andy

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
I found the images too big and a couple of error 404 pages showing up in the results.

btw DonEc, don't get too excited about being top of so many pages since less than 0.1% of these millions of sites are your competitors. For a less misleading claim you should use quotes around your keyword phrase.

donecweb

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
I found the images too big and a couple of error 404 pages showing up in the results.
That's funny because I changed the setting from the default 4x3 to 2x6 and found that the images are readable almost like the site was open. This gives a good idea of whether the site will fill my needs without having to actually go there.

btw DonEc, don't get too excited about being top of so many pages since less than 0.1% of these millions of sites are your competitors. For a less misleading claim you should use quotes around your keyword phrase.
You are correct but very few people search with quotes and the other more advance features so if you can show up on the first screen and be relevant to the search then that is something.